In order to become a competent and confident learner, each student will:
- Use and understand language in everyday experiences
- Engage in positive social relationships
- Acquire and use knowledge and skills
- Develop independence to meet their own needs
- Decisions made in the context of what is best for our students
- The social and emotional well-being of our students and staff
- The belief that all students can learn
- The ideal that students should be challenged at their highest level in all learning areas
- Communication that is open, honest, accessible, and reciprocal among all stakeholders
1 package of crayola markers – washable
1 roll of paper towels
3 bottles of Hand Soap
1 pack of Stickers- any kind your child would like
1 container of Clorox Wipes
1 package of Dry Erase Markers
1 plastic Yellow folder with prongs
1 plastic Orange folder with prongs
1 package of popsicle sticks (Any size/colors)
1 package of q-tips
1 package of pipecleaners (or called fuzzy sticks)
1 package of construction paper (if you can find a single color that would be great)
Family Picture for our classroom family albums
Backpack that fits standard folder (no wheels please)
An extra set of clothes to be kept in your student's cubby - Pants, shirt, underwear, and socks (Please label with your child’s name and put in a gallon size Ziploc.)
- Please send your student with their own snack (must be nut free) and a water bottle each day.
If your Last name is A - G:
- 1 package of glue sticks
- 1 package of Baby Wipes
- 1 package of Googly Eyes
- 1 package of cotton balls
If your Last name is H - Z:
- Two bottles of Elmer's washable glue
- Crayola Watercolor paints
- 1 package of Pony Beads (any color)
- 1 box Kleenex
(All supplies except clothing please DO NOT label with student name, all things become classroom supplies)
Teachers are always looking for the following items if you wish to pick up a bonus item:
- Package of Cardstock
- Package of Laminator Sheets (9x12)
- Package of White Construction Paper
- Package of Black Construction Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Dot paint
- Shaving Cream ( non scented)
We appreciate any and all supplies you provide for our classrooms, if you have concerns about school supplies or need school supply resources please contact Mrs. Welp.
Updated for the 2023-2024 school year
- Online registration information
- Student Health Information Card and Emergency Consent Form
- Proof of Residence in Sycamore Community School District 427
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Child Health Examination
- $50.00 registration fee due at the time of registration
Children must be at least three years of age to be enrolled in preschool. The Little Spartans Early Learning program is for children ages three through five who are not eligible for kindergarten. Students who are age five on or before September 1st of the current school year, will attend Kindergarten at their home school.
- Contact the District Registrar located at the Administration Center at (815) 899-8100, 245 W Exchange Street, Sycamore to schedule a Registration Appointment.
- Bring proof of residency and birth certificate(s), to your registration appointment. During the registration application, you will complete the remainder of the registration process. The following information will be needed to complete the process:
- Household Information – Address and Phone Numbers
- Parent Information – Work and Cell Phone Numbers, Email Addresses
- Student Information – Demographic and Health/Medication Information
- Emergency Contact Information – Address and Phone Numbers. You will need to provide at least two emergency contacts.
- Your student’s school will contact you to review school information and answer all questions
It is your responsibility to notify the Preschool office if you move out of the district. Administrative staff will work with you to discuss a reasonable transition for your child regarding their exit from our program.
Certification of Health Exam
- Religious objection — allowed if the student’s parents/guardians present to the Superintendent a completed Religious Exemption Form; This must be signed by a medical provider (MD, DO, PA or APN);
- The Health examination or immunization requirements on medical grounds if physician provides written verification; or
- Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted, even if the child or child’s parent/guardian is unable to produce immunization and health records normally required for enrollment. The requirement must be met in a reasonable amount of time following admission to The Little Spartans Early Learning program
- Tuition is $185.00 per month
- 8 equal payments (shortened months are grouped together as one month )
- First payment to be paid at the time of registration or prior to the first day of attendance
- Remaining 7 payments are due by the 15th of each month $50.00 registration fee is due at the time of registration
- Children will be excluded from attending the Little Spartans program if payments are not kept current
The School Day
In addition to our schedule, there are a number of daily expectations to be aware of.
- A fever 100 degrees or over
- Diagnosed with a contagious illness
- Your child may return to school 24 hours after symptoms have ceased (with medication), 24 hours being fever free (without the use of fever reducing medications) or 24 hours after the start of prescription antibiotics
- Persistent cough or copious nasal drainage
- Red and watery eyes not associated with seasonal allergies
- Unidentified/undiagnosed rash
If you are unsure whether your child should attend school, please call the school nurse and discuss your child’s health concerns with our school nurse. If your child arrives at school with the above mentioned symptoms, or develops symptoms during class he/she will be assessed by the school nurse. A parent/guardian will be contacted for pick up from school if needed.
Change of Clothes
- The entrance for the Early Childhood Program parking lot is located at the south end of the parking lot of South Prairie Elementary School located on Borden Avenue
- The parking lot is a one way traffic loop, please drive slowly.
- School buses park directly in front of the Early Childhood entrance doors at the south end of the parking lot. Cars are not allowed to park in this space.
- It is against the law to pass a school bus when the stop sign is out.
- It is against the law to use a cell phone and other electronic devices while driving and is especially dangerous in a school zone. The school zone signs are posted along Borden Ave.
- You may park your car in any open space in the parking lot.
- The handicapped parking spaces are reserved for vehicles with a handicap placard or handicap license plate issued by the State of Illinois.
- Supervise your children by holding their hands when walking through the parking lot.
- The main office waiting area is reserved for families with walk-in speech services or families waiting for appointments.
Arrival and departure is a busy time at the Little Spartans Early Learning program. In order to assure your child is released to an authorized person; families will be asked to utilize an identification system. This list of authorized people needs to completed within the registration information. We ask that the adult member walk up to the Little Spartans dismissal door. In the event of an alternative family member or friend picks up your child from school, please notify the school prior to the end of the school day. You may phone the school office or write a note to the classroom teacher. The adult picking up your child should be prepared to show a photo ID to the school staff upon request.
- Upon arrival, please walk your child to the Drop off/Pick Up door and be prepared to say your goodbyes outside the door so that class staff may facilitate a smooth separation.
- Your child will enter the building and be guided to their classroom by early childhood staff.
- When the school day is over, the classroom staff will wait with the students inside the Little Spartans door.
- Students will not be released outside the door until a family member (or designated adult) comes to the door for his/her child’s dismissal.
- Transportation routes are arranged by the bus company
- Families are provided estimated times for pickup and drop off
- The routes are adjusted throughout the school year as new students enter the program
- Times may vary depending upon road construction or weather
- You will be informed of any time changes for pickup or drop off of your child
- Please make sure your child is ready and waiting at the designated time
- You should put the Safety Vest on your child before he/she gets on the bus each day
- Food is not allowed on the bus for safety reasons
- On days your child will not attend school due to illness etc., you must contact the bus company to let them know that your child will not need transportation.
Bus transportation services can be provided to Little Spartan tuition students for a fee through the district transportation department. For information and fee information, please call the Little Spartans program at 815-899-8299.
- Teachers and paraprofessionals escort children to and from the bus each day.
- After all children have exited the bus, the bus driver walks through the bus to assure all students have left the bus.
- Seat belts, car seats and vest harnesses are provided by the school district based on identified IEP accommodations.
- Your child’s teacher and/or ec para professional will put the vest on your child for the ride back home.
- If wearing a safety harness is a requirement, your child may not ride the bus without it.
Late Arrivals and Pickups
Policies and Procedures
- Suspected Child Abuse
- Court Orders
- Toilet Training
- Emergency School Closings
- School Visitors